Sunday, May 29, 2011

household manager




This morning i've been reflecting on being a home manager. i know it sounds dorky and like something that someone might take a little too seriously... but its not. basically i have been thinking how wonderful it is to have this job. to keep the home flowing, the laundry clean, the fridge cleaned out and stocked and the bathroom clean is actually a beautiful thing. i will be the first to admit that there are many times its not nearly as glamourous as it sounds (if it even sounds glamourous to you) - but its a necessary component of life. recently i have been doing more playing on sunday's (my day off) then household managing and today i had to turn down getting a pedicure with trina (which would have been very fun) to do chores and home stuff and i have been having a lovely morning. jesus has been so gracious to me in this area. i am seriously not the most organized person but he has supplied me with a wonderfully patient husband and i have been growing in this area of life. it is such a cool place to be when i can enjoy the tasks that are before me with joy and gladness knowing that i am serving my husband and more importantly serving my king by washing the sheets and moping the floor. for your viewing pleasue i included a couple pictures of the current state of my home...


1 comment:

  1. "it is such a cool place to be when i can enjoy the tasks that are before me with joy and gladness knowing that i am serving my husband and more importantly serving my king by washing the sheets and moping the floor." Amen sister. I pray to grow in this area in my life, you are a beautiful example of glorifying God in doing work that is not for your own glory but for His.

    ReplyDelete